[Digikam-users] Some considerations concerning running digiKam on a Mac

Wilfried Käding wilfried.kaeding at vodafone.de
Sun Mar 29 11:35:17 BST 2015

Yes, 3000€ is a lot of money, but then, I have spent quite a lot of money for my cameras and other equipment, too. And I think what I got for it is worth it. Even pictures from an older 6 megapixel camera have a resolution you cannot display 1:1 on a normal full HD display, and modern cameras have 12, 14, 20 or more megapixel. With the iMac 5K I am, for the first time ever, able to view my photos in their full native resolution, and this is what I have been waiting for for years. And also, I am now able to use the possibilities of digiKam better than ever before.

I just wanted to point out the most convenient way to combine digiKam with a Mac. For me, this is the combination of the best photo management software with the (currently) best hardware for this purpose.