[Digikam-users] OT: mail filter, was Re: best practice person tag hierarchy

Boudewijn Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 23:37:00 GMT 2015

Sorry for initiating this off topic thread, which turned out quite informative
for me in more than one respect ;-)

On Tuesday 24 March 2015 19:00:33 Benjamin Girault wrote:
> This sounds like a DKIP / DMARC issue. (...)
>
> The other possible problem could be that since we are here on a mailing
> list, the mails are forwarded by the ML server.
Another option is that yahoo does not appreciate me not visiting their
webclient, and bugs me a bit in this way.

> I guess a simple test would be for Boudewijn to send an email directly to
> Marie-Noëlle. If that goes through, then it is the ML / DKIP / DMARC
> problem and there is not much you can do. Otherwise, I don't know.
I took the liberty of doing just that. I realized that I always assumed I was
not subscribed to my own mails, but that I never checked. I never saw them
turning up in the list, so inspired by Marie-Noëlle I checked whether I maybe
turned up in my own spamfolder as well. I didn't, (neither did my emails,) but
I did find loads of interesting bits threads I sometimes got the idea of
missing the last few months.

> Le mardi 24 mars 2015, 14:44:07 Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
> > You might have missed or misunderstood the reason I copy/paste in my
> > first mail:
> > "L'adresse
> > d'expéditeur indiquée est associée au domaine yahoo.com
> > <http://yahoo.com>, mais les tests d'authentification de yahoo.com
> > <http://yahoo.com> n'ont pas permis de la valider."
> >
> > In english, that means that this specific yahoo.com sender address could
> > not be authentificated by yahoo itself.
Could be. That made me think it could be because of using various non-yahoo
clients for sending mail.

Would you mind giving a note on where these two of my emails end up? :-)

Best regards,

Boudewijn