[Digikam-users] Best method to move the complete photo collection

Henrique Santos Fernandes sf.rique at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:40:40 GMT 2015

I am not sure, but i suppose using digikam to move images would be better.

I think the only "problem" of this, is that digikam first copies and than
deletes the old album.

I've had the same isses, so i moved around files in digikam, it took a
while.. at least there is a progress bar!

Moving the foldes with a filemanager may result in lost tags.. if they are
not stored in files.. happens with videos and if you have not set the
option to save metadata in images!

Hope i did som help.

I would wait for someone with more experience to answer anyway!