[Digikam-users] Best method to move the complete photo collection

Florian Hennig flo.hennig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:14:06 GMT 2015

Hey guys!

I'm looking for the best way to move my entire collection to a new
place, because I'm running out of space at my HDD. So I bought a new one
and inserted into my Computer but now I don't know how to move all
pictures to the new disc.

Method 1:
Use a filemanager for moving all files to the new place and afterwards
tell digikam to add a new libary and delete the old one

Method 2:
Use digikam for moving the files to the new disk.

I have about 20.000 images in the current collection, folders sorted by
date in the ISO format.

Thanks for helping,
Flo