[Digikam-users] debian testing support

Richard Mortimer richm+digikam at oldelvet.org.uk
Wed Jun 24 16:17:43 BST 2015

On 24/06/2015 13:38, Alan Pater wrote:
> Looks like a bogus bug report then. I don't see any license in the svg
> files either. In fact, they inherit the GPL license from libkipi.

It does look like the files in the Debian sources do have a license in
them that specifically prohibits Commercial Use. That has been removed
from the KDE git as of last December.

See

https://sources.debian.net/src/digikam/4:4.4.0-1.1/extra/libkipi/pics/kipi-icon.svg/

lines 54 and 58

rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/" />

lines 67 & 68

<cc:prohibits
rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/CommercialUse" />

Similar at
https://sources.debian.net/src/digikam/4:4.4.0-1.1/extra/libkipi/pics/kipi-logo.svg/

Looking at the KDE libkipi git repo it looks like Jonathan Riddell
removed the incorrect cc licence data 7 months ago.

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkipi/repository/revisions/master/show/pics

262bbedd 	2014-12-03 04:21 pm 	Jonathan Riddell
use inkscape to remove incorrect cc licence data

Regards

Richard