[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Jun 20 16:24:48 BST 2015

Le 20/06/2015 17:14, Christoph Huckle a écrit :
> Hmm, I thought I live in the real world and for me Album = Folder.
> When I had still all paper based Pictures, they were sorted in an Album.
> If I throw it away, all the pix were gone..

the rule is: *never* work on the original, always on a copy...

by the way, it's only a word, is it hard coded? I guess it could be
changed by the user, may be even without recompiling digikam (after all
I could patch command.com in the win95 days :-)

look:

/usr/share/kde4> grep -R "Album" *
apps/plasma/plasmoids/nowplaying/contents/ui/CompactLayout.qml:
AlbumArt {
apps/plasma/plasmoids/nowplaying/contents/ui/FullLayout.qml:
AlbumArt {
apps/plasma/plasmoids/nowplaying/contents/ui/MetadataLine.qml:
property bool showAlbum: true
apps/plasma/plasmoids/nowplaying/contents/ui/MetadataLine.qml:
   showAlbum = plasmoid.readConfig("displayAlbum");
apps/plasma/plasmoids/nowplaying/contents/ui/MetadataLine.qml:
       if (showAlbum && source.album != '') {
(some more lines)

:-)

jdd