[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 13:01:24 BST 2015

On 19-6-2015 13:08, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Daniel,

> Yes, of course: and that's what a good software analyst does.
I think that that is what a sales person does. A good software analyst
solves problems that are there, but of which the users have not yet
realized it exists.

Your initial question whas: what is the difference between folders,
albums and collections. Their meanings in DigiKam have been explained at
some length now. Is their meaning clear to you now (even if you had
preferred to see another name for your workflow)?

Apart from the definition of the label "album" vs "directory" or
"folder" (or other name for a collection of files), is there something
else that holds you back from using DigiKam?

Best regards,

Boudewijn