[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 19 12:07:14 BST 2015

Agreed.Whilst I find the terminology somewhat obtuse, your data is *your* responsibility.I use RAID5 on btrfs for my shots (don't bother telling me it's experimental, I've been using it since it was announced years ago). Before I start working I take a snapshot of the entire collection. When I'm finished I take another, and back up the difference as an incremental. Basic bloody housekeeping. What are your photos worth to you folks - take some responsibility.

LVM may offer similar, but I only rarely use it.

What more can one do? Let the computer shout: "Hey, think again!", an
electric shock via keyboard?

This is really an unexisting problem. Sorry.