[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Jun 19 11:40:00 BST 2015

Am 19.06.2015 um 12:26 schrieb Boudewijn:
> On 19-6-2015 12:10, Agustin Lobo wrote:

>> True, I agree. But I'm talking about preventing users to
>> unintentionally delete a folder
>> by deleting an album.

> It never happened to me. Did it happen to you? I never read a complaint
> from a user on this list or anywhere on the internet, that the folder
> disappeared after deleting the album.
>
> I can't talk for other users, but it seems you are trying to have a
> problem solved that does not exist.

And how about preventing users from
- unintended crash of HD?
- unintentionally publishing private stuff on facebook?
or even
- bad taste in selecting images?
- missing talent when taking photos?

When deleting an alum (I just tried) a BIG warning appears:
"These albums will be *removed* *irrevocably* from data storage medium"

furthermore, if you don't check "delete instead of moving to trash" your
album is still in the trash and you can even undo your "unintenional
deleting".

What more can one do? Let the computer shout: "Hey, think again!", an
electric shock via keyboard?

This is really an unexisting problem. Sorry.
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137