[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:08:54 BST 2015

Daniel,
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Daniel Bauer <linux at daniel-bauer.com> wrote:

>> I can't talk for other users, but it seems you are trying to have a
>> problem solved that does not exist.

Yes, of course: and that's what a good software analyst does.
> When deleting an alum (I just tried) a BIG warning appears:
> "These albums will be *removed* *irrevocably* from data storage medium"

Even there, the last step before deleting, it does not mention that
what the user is going
to remove is the folder!

The bottom problem is that you are all too used to think that Albumm
== Folder, but:
1. Outside Digikam, in the real world from where new users come from,
an Album is not a Folder. A folder can contain
even different kinds of files. Actually, most folders in the world do
have files of different types. Folder is a totally different
concept to Album.
2. Nowhere in the manual is the term Album defined, even more, nowhere
it says that, within Digikam, Album == Folder.

Agus