[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:10:12 BST 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Peter Mc Donough
<mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net> wrote:

> Doesn't it exactly do that? For file managing digikam uses the resources of
> the operating system, as it should.

No, it does not: if you remove an Album you remove a Folder.
The behaviour I suggest is just that removing an Album would remove
that information
from Digikam. In my opinion, removing the folder should be done by a
different tool or through the OS.

> You can easily get what you want by adding a tag to a group of photos and
> using the powerful search options of digikam for creating just the virtual
> collection when you want it.
>
> Remove the tag and your virtual collection disappears.

True, I agree. But I'm talking about preventing users to
unintentionally delete a folder
by deleting an album.
A assets managing system must be very protective.