[Digikam-users] First official digiKam PKG installer for OSX...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:57:10 BST 2015

Thanks for the feedback.

Here i cannot reproduce the problem under OSX 10.10, 10.9, and 10.8. Yes, i
build 3 PKG installer for these OSX versions !

I suspect the famous problem about Exiv2 and video files, which crash in
background. Exiv2 still 0.24 under Macports. It's very old now 1,5 year
without new releases. Video support have been improved with current
implementation of Exiv2. As i know, Exiv2 must be released this month, but
nothing is really sure.

This want mean that i need certainly to recompile current Exiv2 code while
PKG process. It's in my TODO list.

To have some information about startup, it's simple.

Open a console and start this :

/opt/digikam/Applications/KDE4/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/digikam

debug statement must be printed on the console. Please report it here.

Best

: