[Digikam-users] First official digiKam PKG installer for OSX...

Markus Schlichting markus.schlichting at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 08:35:27 BST 2015

Hi

thanks for the hint, I tired to start digikam that way and got a lot of
messages like

QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /Users/markus/Pictures/Aperture
Library.aplibrary/Database/Versions/2013/12/15/20131215-225905/EdhhFN+OSWC%qOoxPBEenQ
digikam(18441)/digikam (core) Digikam::DatabaseUrl::fromAlbumAndName:
DatabaseUrl::fromAlbumAndName :  "digikamalbums:/Aperture
Library.aplibrary/Database/Versions/2013/12/15/20131215-225905/Edl2Zx8%25TRaPC4fRNlJnlQ/?albumRoot=%2FUsers%2Fmarkus%2FPictures&albumRootId=1&databaseType=QSQLITE&databaseName=%2FUsers%2Fmarkus%2FDocuments%2FDigiKam%2Fdigikam4.db&connectOptions=&hostName=&userName=&password="
QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Too many open files

Appearently to got problems with the aperture database ;-), so I moved
it away and afterwards it starts into the application (with lots of output
'2015-06-12 09:21:54.140 digikam[18893:4695626] Critical failure: the
LastResort font is unavailable.' ).

I can see the directory structure of my pictures folder, but I'm not
able to browse my pictures.

The log from the point the UI is visible can be found at
https://gist.github.com/madmas/01aa3374d37370dc068b

Ah, while typing this, I just found out: I need to do a rightclick ->
refresh on a folder in my collection, then it shows the pictures.

When closing the application I then got a crashreport:
https://gist.github.com/madmas/58163c0fa397ead7dfb5

I hope those trace help a little bit. If you need more specifics, let me
know, I'm happy to help :) I'll also do some more experiments with
DigiKam later.

thanks a lot!
 Markus