[Digikam-users] Digikam versions

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:21:40 GMT 2015

Hi

It's up to you if you want to decided to use my PPA and others to tell you
their experience of the PPA but for now I have a bit over 1000 users of the
Digikam packages and few complaints. To compile it yourself can be fun and
educational or if you want to turn off some features or need some other
version of dependent software/packages. It's not the easiest software suit
to start with if you are new to building and compiling software and
packages yourself.

For the moment my build support all features but dlnaexport which will be
supported in the next build of digikam 4.7 as I had not ported a library
package to give that feature support when packaging digikam 4.6. The kipi
plugin wallpaper isn't supported either.

Using 14.04 or 14.10 depends on your needs and nothing I have an opinion on
but I use Kubuntu 14.10 myself. :)

Happy digikaming!

/Philip