[Digikam-users] Digikam versions

Sjoerd sjoerd at sjomar.eu
Mon Feb 2 16:39:40 GMT 2015

Hi all,

Seems I managed to screw up my Kubuntu system and now DigiKam crashes all the
time on libkexiv2, so I think it might be better to reinstall my laptop :(

Anyway what's the best way to get the gratest latest and stable version  of
Digikam? Stick with the distribution package? Add Philips ppa? Or compile it
yourself?
The easiest is to add Philips ppa I guess, but would that give the best
results on everyone's machine?
Stil doubting betweein installing Kubuntu 14.04 LTS or 14.10, but in the end
that shouldn't matter to much I hope..

Cheers,
Sjoerd