[Digikam-users] Geolocation - how to add/edit

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Wed Dec 2 23:34:57 GMT 2015

Hi there,

> Latitude and Longitude,  and it works!!!  I cannot see the reason for
> that check box.

yeah, I keep forgetting to tick this box and get surprised I can't enter
latitude/ longitude.

> As far as I can see it is not possible to add to multiple images
> together, that would be very useful, is there a way to do that?

I don't think it's possible from the dialog box, it seems to always only
apply to the last image in a multi selection.
What you can do is right click on the image containing the right
coordinates already, and choose "copy coordinates", then select all the
other images you want to have the same coordinates, right click again
and "paste coordinates".
If you "move" your image onto the map, you can do this with multiple
images just fine.

> Also Martin mentioned adding by gpx files, can anyone tell em how to do
> that.  I see that the data is held in ImagePositions table, so I guess I
> could write something to load into that, I assume it should not cause
> any problems??

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, apologise if my
answer isn't what you meant.
I assume you want to correlate the data of a gpx track to the photos?
That's actually working quite neat. Once you are in the geolocalisation
there is a tab on the right tabs prob named "GPS Correlator" or similar.
Click on it, the top menu button in the tab then is "load gpx file". You
can chose multiple gpx files. Select all the images you want correlated,
then click "correlate", lust button in the tab. It uses the time stamp
in the images to correlate, if your camera isn't running the same time
as your gpx logger you obviously have to adjust for that (my camera's
time is usually way off, esp after crossing timezones :-)) ).

All the button names might vary, my digikam is running in German. ;-)

--
Andreas Ege

		24 The Birches
                Shobdon