[Digikam-users] Digital Asset Management (DAM) question: final formats, meta data and so on

Pento wq at allaboutvim.ru
Sun Sep 21 12:54:12 BST 2014

Hi!

Could you please share your DAM flow in details?
My one is:
1. Import photographs from camera to ~/photos/YEAR/EVENT/raw
2. Convert cr2 raw files to dng
3. Remove all really bad pics and flag (red, yellow and gree) all other
4. Batch convert dng files with some corrections (WB/sharp/contrast) in 16bit
mode to jpg **without compression**
5. Make manual editing for some of them
6. Move jpg files to dir one level above
7. Remove dng files with red flag
8. Comment, star, tag and so on to **jpegs**
9. Export some images to public website (remove all metada, resize to 1024x,
add watermark, add tag "Public" to the origin)
10. Do backup (rsync) of ~/photos every week to external drive

So I store jpg files with metadata in it and dng ones  for **some of them**  in
separate directory
As you can see I don't use versions feature.  What is limitations of such DAM
flow?

--
Pento