[Digikam-users] Fw: Help please?

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 20:17:29 BST 2014

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 13:13:55 Alicia Giambarresi wrote:
> I'm also having problems reducing the size of photo images: they are all
> approx 3.5MB which makes it impossible to email or post on Facebook. Maybe
> if I could read the showfoto text, I might find the answer to this one?
If you have Kipi-plugins installed, there's a plugin that lets you upload a
selection of images to Facebook (and there are plugins in many other
directions as well, email among them).

The plugin can be found under Export, if it is turned on. Once the kipi-
plugins are installed, you can turn them on and of in the configuration
(somewhere at the bottom of the list of configuration categories). I don't
recall what the default is, on my computer it's turned off, on my wifes it's
turned on. Opening a Facebook account is a bit of a hassle, as Facebook
refreshes the authentication page with half a second. Easiest is to get the
requested address from your browsers cache after that.

Best regards,

Boudewijn Kranendonk