[Digikam-users] Akonadi integration

Martin Riethmayer martin at web2.0-apps.de
Wed May 21 09:18:05 BST 2014

Hello Digikam-Team / Users,

First of all: thank you so much for providing such a wonderful software!
I love using it, even though I'm only just beginning to manage my fotos
and I'm sure there's so much I just don't know yet.

One of the things I recently discovered is the tagging of fotos with
Faces / Persons. Unfortunately (in my opinion), digikam does not seem to
support / import the contacts from Akonadi / KAdressBook. I've done a
google search and only came up with a mailing-list conversation, that
didn't like Akonadi that much - however, the conversation is a few years
old [1].

I'm on KDE SC 4.13 (opensuse 13.1, KDE Current repository enabled) now,
and (at least for me) the KDE PIM suite and Akonadi work very well and I
have a well organized Adressbook (synced with a Kolab-Server). I'm using
digikam 4.0 and it seems the contacts are not imported / shared with
Akonadi.

Is there a plug-in / run-time switch / compile-time switch which I could
download / enable to make this integration happening? Am I doing
something wrong?

If not, is there hope that you will re-consider the current situation
with regards to the Akonadi integration? I actually love the idea of the
integrated / semantic / shared-data approach by KDE.

Best regards

Martin

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2011-August/013831.html