[Digikam-users] Akonadi integration

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:15:41 BST 2014

Martin,

I forwarded to your mailbox a private talk from few days ago about this subject.

I CC this talk here for info and archiving in this mailing list :

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Digikam and KAddressbook
------------------------

From: Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke at gmail.com>
Date: 2014-05-10 10:41 GMT+02:00
To: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

Hi Gilles,

Question about Digikam and face tagging. According to the documentation,
Digikam can make use of the Kaddressbook when it was compiled with kdepimlibs
support.

In openSUSE we are compiling digikam with kdepimlibs (which is nicely
indicated from the cmake results), but users are indicating that nothing shows
up from their addressbooks.

Now I wonder if we missed any requirement that is needed to have this support
or that with Nepomuk dropped now, this feature no longer works ?

This is with KDE 4.13, which now has baloo instead of Nepomuk.

Thanks

Regards

Raymond
OpenSUSE KDE Community Packaging lead