[Digikam-users] digiKam 4.0.0: What does Tag Manager actually do?

Dmitri Popov dmpop9mm at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 18:39:52 BST 2014

Thank you very much for the explanation, Richard! I'll switch to another email address, then.

Best,
Dmitri

On Friday, May 23, 2014 7:02 PM, Richard Mortimer <richm+digikam at oldelvet.org.uk> wrote:
Hi,

On 23/05/2014 14:31, Veaceslav Munteanu wrote:
> Your mails are marked as spam from Gmail. Says it couldn't verify that
> mail was sent from yahoo. Check your mail settings because a lot of
> people won't see your mails.

I don't think there is anything to do with Dmitri's settings. Yahoo
recently changed their DMARC policy (a way to say what computers send
email as yahoo.com). A side effect of this is that it breaks delivery of
mail sent by Yahoo users the vast majority of mailing lists in existence.

See

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/yahoo-dmarc-policy-sln24050.html?impressions=true
http://blog.returnpath.com/blog/christine-borgia/all-about-yahoos-dmarc-reject-policy
https://www.virusbtn.com/blog/2014/04_15.xml

There isn't much Dmitri can do about this at the moment. There isn't a
universal consensus in the technical community how mailinglists (or
DMARC) should be changed to make it work. IMHO the only options at the
moment are: to not use Yahoo mail to post to mailing lists; or to accept
that those receivers who check DMARC will at best mark the mail as spam.

Regards

Richard