[Digikam-users] Export Pictures and Database to a different PC

Hans Muecke digikam-ml01 at filderstadtweather.eu
Mon Jan 27 17:44:47 GMT 2014

Am 25.01.2014 17:32, schrieb Sebastian Pfohl:

> Hello. Im new to DigiKam. Im using it under Windows 32. Since i have
> more than one PC, i want to know, if it is possible to transfer Pictures
> and Database to another PC, so that i can use the same Level on a other
> PC. Ist it possible and what must i do?

Hi Sebastian,

>From my understanding you are staying "on Windows" ... I have no
experience with that.

When on vacation I travel with a Win7 notebook (Digikam 3.? installed).
After returning home I transfer the pictures to the main machine (Ubuntu
12.04.3 LTS running Digikam 2.6) ... all the data like tags, geolocation
etc. are flawlesly imported. I never transfered the database, since it
is automatically created by the receiving machine.

Not sure if that helps ...

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (237 to go)

2014/01/27 17:20
EDDS 271720Z 23003KT CAVOK 01/M00 Q0999 NOSIG