[Digikam-users] Export Pictures and Database to a different PC

Sebastian Pfohl sebastian at pfohlnet.de
Mon Jan 27 06:33:08 GMT 2014

The Point is, i have a Collection on Photos on PC1 with Windows Vista. I must make there some changes to this Collection. After this, i will move this with all new Metadata, Album and so on to a new PC with either Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Maybe, there will be a Day, where i need to Work on this Collection with both PC's. So it sounds, that the second thing is more for me. If it is possible to store both, the Database and the Collection on a Netshare (SMB, FTP), this could be the better solution. Its possible to save my files on a SMB Share from my Router (AVM FritzBox), so i can access them from both PC's. It must be not possible to use them on the same time.