[Digikam-users] Export Pictures and Database to a different PC

Nicolas MF nicolasmf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 06:02:51 GMT 2014

Hello,

I'm not using dk on windows, but I think somer general rules may apply. It
is indeed possible to transfer anything, but I haven't fully understood
what your goal is: migrating everything to another PC or working from
diferent PCs simultaneously?

- if migrating is meant, the tricky bit might be keeping your ratings,
labels etc (metadata in general). There have been discussions about this
not long ago, you might want to look at past emails. What I'd say: write
all metadata to the image to have the opportunity to rebuild your database
by reading them if something goes wrong.

- if the second, you'd want to use one PC as a server. Digikam can connect
to both a remote collection and remote database.

I'm no expert, but there are quite a few around here which might provide
more help if you need more specific answers.

Nicolas