[Digikam-users] How to make Image Quality Sorter work?

David Golden vtdave88 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 03:59:13 GMT 2014

I did some searching, and couldn't find anything to help figure out how to
make it work.  All I found was other people complaining about it not
working.  I'm using v4.4.0, on openSUSE 13.2.  I have two problems.

a) I can't restrict it to only analyze a specific folder

b) It doesn't actually apply any flags to anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

- Go into Tools | Maintenance
- Under Common Options, uncheck Whole albums collection, and select a
single folder.  Leave Whole tags collection selected.
- Check Image Quality Sorter; leave defaults unchanged.
- Push the little blue arrow at the bottom of the digikam window to show
detailed progress window.

Watching the tiny thumbnails as it goes, it's clearly not just processing
the selected folder.  And when it's done, nothing is flagged.

This would be a very helpful feature--I have 100,000+ photos from the past
15 years I'm finally trying to organize.  But it doesn't seem to work.  Am
I doing something wrong?