[Digikam-users] AlbumRoots for multiple client access

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 19:57:46 GMT 2014

Good day,
 My current digikam db seems a bit broken, on startup scanning for new
images never finishes, and the behaviour has just got worse recently...
 In an attempt to understand or fix this I am starting again - All metadata
is (hopefully) written to the image files, and the MySQL db's and digikam
settings are backed up... jjust in case 8)

Can I add an album/collection in such a way that multiple clients (digikam
instances) across my network can use the same database with images stored
on a central server?

 In the past I have tried this with the NFS mount point being the same on
multiple machines, but this failed I assume due to the volume UUID. By
failed, digikam on another machine with the same album root (/media/Images,
mounted via NFS) still scans for new images as if it was a new import.

 My primary digikam instance is on the server which contains the files so
would really like to not use NFS or SAMBA directly.

Cheers,

Jasper