[Digikam-users] Digikam on Mint 17 after update

MP m5ernel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:17:43 BST 2014

Hello everyone.

Just in case some would stumble upon this again I can tell you i resolved
the problem.
It was "aptitude" that did the trick. Instead of "sudo apt-get install
digikam" it was "sudo aptitude digikam" that worked!!!

Best regards to all.

> Hi. I tried to do so and i got:
>>
>>  The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>
>>  libkgeomap1 : Depends: libmarblewidget18 (>= 4:4.9.90) but it is not
>>> going to be installed
>>

>> so I continued with libmarblewidget18 and I got:

>  libmarblewidget18 : Depends: libastro1 (= 4:4.13.3-0ubuntu0.1) but
>> 4:4.13.97-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.04~ppa2 is to be installed
>

> I believe I don't have all repositories, but I don't know which and what's
> a proper command to install it.
>
> Any clue?
>
> And thanks for help.
>
> Regards, Miloš.

> Hi
>>
>> Try to install/upgrade just libkgeomap1 and you will get more information
>> on what causes the conflict not installing/upgrading libkgeomap1. My guess
>> is conflicting versions of kde and/or plasma packages and what digikam and
>> maybe other kde programs are built to use.
>>
>> Start from there and see what information you get.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Philip
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM, m5ernel <m5ernel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>> I've been using Mint for quite a long time. Now 17 Cinnamon is running
>>> on my
>>> AMD 64 desktop. had a Digikam 4.2 working quite well until a couple of
>>> days
>>> ago. That day I updated the system with Update manager. And after that -