[Digikam-users] Digikam Color label

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 06:34:16 BST 2013

2013/9/3 Jean-Pierre Verrue <jean-pierre.verrue at laposte.net>:
> Hi,
>
> Following the discussion on the compatibility of color labels between
> Digikam Photosop, Lightroom and Capture NX, I note that there is also an
> inconsistency with Darktablecolor labels : Darktable does not read Digikam
> labels and vice versa.
>
> Labels color darktable are (apparently it is not standard ...):
> 0: red
> 1: yellow
> 2: green
> 3: Blue
> 4: Magenta
>
> Labels are recorded using the following tags:
>
> Presence of a blue label:
> <darktable:colorlabels>
> <rdf:Seq>
> <RDF:li>3</ rdf:li>
> </ rdf:Seq>
> </ darktable:colorlabels>
>
> No label:
> <darktable:colorlabels>
> <rdf:Seq/>
> </ darktable:colorlabels>
>
> With darktable It is possible to assign multiple labels to a single photo.
> In this case the xml file contains the following (all labels are assigned):
> <darktable:colorlabels>
> <rdf:Seq>
> <RDF:li>0</ rdf:li>
> <RDF:li>1</ rdf:li>
> <RDF:li>2</ rdf:li>
> <RDF:li>3</ rdf:li>
> <RDF:li>4</ rdf:li>
> </ rdf:Seq>
> </ darktable:colorlabels>
>
> Is it be possible to harmonize the operation of the two programs? Who should
> make the effort Digikam, darktable or both?
> I am available to assist in the resolution.

As Darktable use a dedicated way to store these information, it will
be more logic to extend it to at least store Color Label in urgency.
Like this DT will be compatible with NX and DK...

This want mean to store only ONE color label in urgency XMP tag.
Probably the last one assigned...

I never seen more than one color label assigned to an item, in pro
photo application. This want not mean that a bad idea of course...

Gilles Caulier