[Digikam-users] Digikam on windows not reading and displaying tags consistently, ,

Johan van Noooten subsidiarity3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 03:26:37 BST 2013

Hello, I'm running digiKam 3.2.0 on two Windows 7 computers. On one of
them, a laptop, it works fine. On the other, my desktop with the 27 inch
monitor I want to view photos on, I have a problem. It is inconsistent
about displaying the tags I have given the pictures if they were added
before I installed digiKam on the computer. For some pictures, it reads
them. Others, it doesn't. There seems to be no pattern I can detect which
would explain the difference. The pictures in some folders have no tags
displayed unless I added them afterwards using digiKam. Other folders have
some of the older tags displayed, but not all or even most of them. If a
photo has any of the older tags displayed, it has them all.  I know the
missing tags are there because I can see the tags using windows explorer
and right clicking for "properties" etc. Any suggestions as to how to fix
this? Thanks in advance