[Digikam-users] When using two screens, which is the profile applied?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 23:06:04 BST 2013

2013/10/3 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

> If you set CM settings for you screen outside digiKam, do not set CM
> screen settings in digiKam. Only one must be used.

Profiles are set at system level (Cinnamon) so they could be available for
every application.
How should I set up Digikam Color Management so it works properly?

Currently, 'Enable Color Management' is checked, and the 'Working Color
Space' is set to my 23" screen profile.

> As it's say in this thread if you set a screen profile in digiKam, and if
> you use multi-screen, this profile will be used for all screen. There is
> not way in client application to manage all screen CM settings.
>
> Gilles Caulier

It's not too much a problem as I only use the laptop screen to organize the
pictures, not to edit them; so color information is not so important.
Do you mean that, if I don't put any profile in Digikam settings, the
program will automatically use the right profile, depending on which screen
it is used?

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
Retrouvez mon portfolio et mes activités dans ma galerie