[Digikam-users] When using two screens, which is the profile applied?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 22:16:10 BST 2013

2013/10/3 Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>

> 2013/10/3 jdd <jdd at dodin.org>
>
>> Le 03/10/2013 19:36, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
>>
>>  I use a dual-screen installation to manage and 'develop' my pictures,
>>> and know that almost every software can manage only one color profile.
>>> But I don't know which is the one being used: is it the laptop's or
>>> the additional 'big' screen?
>>> Is there a way to know which screen is color-corrected? And to switch
>>> to the other screen, if it is not my 'main' (=big) screen?
>>>

>> if you have a color management installed (for example oyranos), y will
>> have a color profile in kde system config, and digikam sees them
>>
>> I have a "colorhug" device and it works perfectly
>>
>> that said I have it only for some days now
>>
>> jdd
>>

> According to my Cinnamon settings, both screens have their own profile
> (created by dispcalGUI/ArgyllCMS) activated.
> But when I launch Digikam, it first opens on the laptop screen, and I then
> move its window to the other screen; I have no idea which profile Digikam
> uses at launching time, and whether it switches profiles when the window is
> moved to the other screen.

If you set CM settings for you screen outside digiKam, do not set CM screen
settings in digiKam. Only one must be used.

Currently under Linux, CM is not yet homogeneous in desktop, as it's done
in OSX or Windows. Typically, CM scrren settings must be common for all
application. Nothing must be done in application about it. I hope that CM
screen setings will be improved in the future under Linux.

As it's say in this thread if you set a screen profile in digiKam, and if
you use multi-screen, this profile will be used for all screen. There is
not way in client application to manage all screen CM settings.

Gilles Caulier