[Digikam-users] When using two screens, which is the profile applied?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 21:04:47 BST 2013

2013/10/3 jdd <jdd at dodin.org>

> Le 03/10/2013 19:36, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
>
>  I use a dual-screen installation to manage and 'develop' my pictures,
>> and know that almost every software can manage only one color profile.
>> But I don't know which is the one being used: is it the laptop's or
>> the additional 'big' screen?
>> Is there a way to know which screen is color-corrected? And to switch
>> to the other screen, if it is not my 'main' (=big) screen?
>>

> if you have a color management installed (for example oyranos), y will
> have a color profile in kde system config, and digikam sees them
>
> I have a "colorhug" device and it works perfectly
>
> that said I have it only for some days now
>
> jdd

According to my Cinnamon settings, both screens have their own profile
(created by dispcalGUI/ArgyllCMS) activated.
But when I launch Digikam, it first opens on the laptop screen, and I then
move its window to the other screen; I have no idea which profile Digikam
uses at launching time, and whether it switches profiles when the window is
moved to the other screen.

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
Retrouvez mon portfolio et mes activités dans ma galerie