[Digikam-users] digikam not showing Darwin Core metadata

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:37:30 GMT 2013

Remco,

In fact, in XMP metadata viewer, there are 2 display mode (as in exif,
makernote, iptc)

1/ Custom : you can set XMP tags to display in digiKam/Setup/Metadata
2/ Full : all most important namespaces for photographers are filtered
and displayed.

Yes, in Full mode, tags are listed by namespace here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/widgets/metadata/xmpwidget.cpp#L43

As you can see, i don't set a darwin core space, because it's not
relevant of photography, but medical.

My proposal :

1/ Rename "Full Mode" to "Photograph Mode".
2/ Add new mode button to not filter tags. This will also display all
unknown tags by Exiv2 in hexadecimal.
3/ Do the same for all metadata viewers as Exif, Makernote, and Iptc.

All code relevant is in this folder :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/widgets/metadata/

You will see that all viewers GUI code are factored in same parent
class metadatawidget.cpp, especially the Mode button. Filtering is
implemented in model class metadatalistview.cpp

Note : Do not use reviewboard to post a patch. Just use the bugzilla entry...

Gilles Caulier