[Digikam-users] New Tool: Tags Manager

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Wed Jun 26 19:11:05 BST 2013

On 26.06.2013 09:38, Veaceslav Munteanu wrote:
> I'm a little confused... please look at Tag Manager window mock-up. It's
> meant for managing tags (add, delete, edit properties, change hierarchy)
> and to write/sync changes... A lot of request are on image handling and I
> have no window here to display photos...
>
> Any request that need to select/add photos can't be added here... it's more
> like options for either context menu, or left sidebar.

So do I understand correctly? Your GSOC project is about:

     Handle tags of ALL images at once
     (no limitation on the current set of selected images)

In that case, I can confirm: A lot of suggestion are
inapplicable. (Like copiing tags from image A to image B).

But in case of your TODOs:
 - Write tags from database to Image (delete non digiKam tags)
 - Read tags from Image
 - Wipe all tags from database and read from image
 - ...

Could you at least programm it that way, that this function
can be used for single images (from context-menu), too.

Regards,
	Peter