[Digikam-users] Failed to detect a storage volume for path

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 20:21:53 BST 2013

Hi all,

Aside from starting over with digiKam reading in all my image files
again (which is what I'm doing right now, but I really don't want to
have to do it again), is there a workaround for the following problem?
Perhaps some tool for editing the sqlite database?

digikam(14244)/digikam (core): Failed to detect a storage volume for
path "/path/to/folder"  with Solid
digikam(14244)/digikam (core): Failed to detect a storage volume for
path  "/path/to/folder"  with Solid
digikam(14244)/digikam (core): Solid did not return any storage
volumes on your system.
digikam(14244)/digikam (core): This indicates a missing implementation
or a problem with your installation
digikam(14244)/digikam (core): On Linux, check that Solid and HAL are
working correctly.Problems with RAID partitions have been reported, if
you have RAID this error may be normal.
digikam(14244)/digikam (core): On Windows, Solid may not be fully
implemented, if you are running Windows this error may be normal.
digikam(14244)/digikam (core) Digikam::CollectionManager::addLocation:
Unable to identify a path with Solid. Adding the location with path
only.

I'm running 64-bit Gentoo Linux with the Icewm "desktop" and a *very*
minimal kde installation (I run a lot of qt apps but the only kde
programs are digikam and krita). The folders are all local folders.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Elle