[Digikam-users] thumbnails stay in album after they are moved to an outside device

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:59:36 BST 2013

I don't think it's a good idea to use another tool to move files outside
Digikam : you might forget to move the sidecar XMP files, and the database
will definitely be out of sync.
Digikam let you move 'properly' images around all the collections with all
their files and associated database references. To 'send' pictures in
folders outside Digikam, you just have to use the Export function; and you
can delete images from Digikam afterwards if you really want to.
But it's a pity as Digikam can manage collection in both fixed and
removable supports.

Marie-Noëlle

2013/6/10 afuller <afuller at wefu.org>

> I am very happy running DigiKam 2.5.0, KDE Develop. Platform 4.8.5
> (4.8.5), and have been updating as available.  A new problem now occurs.
>
> Moving files to a thumb drive for back-up using Dolphin works fine. Files
> transfer and are readable.  However, thumbnails stay in the DK album.  They
> can't be displayed (a double click gets a blank screen, single click
> returns to the thumbnail view), or acted on (copy - or trash - gets an
> error message that the file does not exist.)
>
> Any ideas?  I am not a programmer, and would appreciate help in the
> simplest terms possible!

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Connaissez-vous Image Fixe <http://image-fixe.org>, le photo-club de Saint
Jean du Gard ?
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,