[Digikam-users] write Metadata Theme while importing pictures

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Jun 4 00:55:38 BST 2013

On 03/06/13 20:55, Werner, Manfred wrote:
> Dear sir or madam,
>
> I have a question about importing metadata.
> In the settings I have created a template with my details. However,
> these are not written when imported into the metadata of the images. I
> have to add these manually via batch processing.
> The hook in "Settings / Metadata / Write this information in the
> metadata" is set.
>
> MayYou give me a hint?
>

> Manfred

Werner,

The metadata you document in the settings area are templates. You need
to apply them to the pictures you want. This does not happen automatically.

1. In the main window select 1 or more pictures; then
2. select the "caption/tags" icon in the right sidebar; and then
3. select the "Information" tab; and then
4. select the template you want to use from the drop down list; and then
5. click on the "Apply" button

As noted above you can apply you templates to more than one image at a time.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides