[Digikam-users] trouble with image degradation using DK with kipi-plugin: flickr export

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 3 15:52:34 BST 2013

On Monday 27 May 2013 06:30:48 sbodo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> i use the windows version:
> Version 3.0.0
> Using KDE Development Platform 4.9.5
>
> and i have the same issue at the end of 2012 - 2013 about the color space
> conversion at the flickr export.  If i make a sRGB colorspace conversion
> with the image editor, gimp or photoshopper and export this picture to
> flickr all is fine. But so i must create copys of each photo to avoid the
> loss of the bigger color space of my archive photos ... and this creates
> intricate workflow
>
> Exists actually a patch to solve this?

There is an 'ICC conversion' tool in the batch queue. Depending on your
workflow, that might be just what you need. For me it would be something
like:
- Select images to upload,
- put in batch queue
 - add tools to use:
        'ICC conversion', 'resize', 'unsharp mask', and 'convert to jpeg'.

I work in RAW and store edited full-sized images as PNG, to be converted
to proper format when output is needed (web, print, slideshow, ...).

Regards,

Remco