[Digikam-users] Importing several folders from the same card

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 08:17:19 BST 2013

2013/7/26 Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr>

> I didn't find anything, but then, I'm not really concerned by that:
> even if I could preserve the directory structure on the card, I'd still
> have to change the names of the directories. So I prefer downloading the
> files 'en masse' and then move the keepers to subdirectories.

The directory names are not a problem, as I download the pictures in
temporary folders where I'll procede to my selection; only the pictures
I'll keep will go their 'permanent' folder, with a real name.

> If you want to keep the structure of the directories on the card,
> you can always download the data directly into the Digikam tree (before
> starting Digikam) and then let the program see the new files and import
> them
> into its database.
>
> Remco

Right. I'll probably do that if there is no other way of doing it. But
currently, Digikam launches as soon as I put a card in the card reader, and
I find this very convenient.
And yes, I want to keep the structure of directories, as I've defined
different folders on the card specifically to distinguish different events
in the same day.

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://fr.ulule.com/aigoual-aubrac/>

*De l'AIgoual à l'Aubrac, un voyage photographique en Cévennes et Lozère*
Un livre à offrir ou à s'offrir, en souscription jusqu'au 31 août 2013.
Cliquer sur l'image ci-dessus ou ce lien pour en savoir
plus<http://fr.ulule.com/aigoual-aubrac/>