[Digikam-users] Importing several folders from the same card

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 26 07:58:06 BST 2013

On Friday 26 July 2013 07:43:16 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
> Do you know wether there is any setting to change this beahviour? I
didn't
> find anything in the menus.
>
> Marie-Noëlle

I didn't find anything, but then, I'm not really concerned by that:
even if I could preserve the directory structure on the card, I'd still
have to change the names of the directories. So I prefer downloading the
files 'en masse' and then move the keepers to subdirectories.

If you want to keep the structure of the directories on the card,
you can always download the data directly into the Digikam tree (before
starting Digikam) and then let the program see the new files and import them
into its database.

Remco