[Digikam-users] Digikam 3.0 under Windows not useable

Wolfgang Strobel wolfgang_strobel at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 29 20:42:49 GMT 2013

Hello Digikam developers

now have several times tried at least manage some of my photos with Digikam.
I try Digikam under windows 7/64bit use.
Unfortunately Digikam crashes while generating thumbnails or fingerprint
from always.
Even a tree with a total of about 4000 images can not be managed.
After this it can not be opened Digkam special crashing.
The delete and create a new database will always produce the same problem.
In sum, I have now certainly created Digikam databases totaling 15-20 GB.
If Digikam open after the crash, at least with the previously created
data and could use some work would be limited and sharing possible.
Right now, unfortunately, only such a small data set is possible that
this can overlook even without management program.
After the crash of Digikam still remain a number of processes
(kioslave.exe, kde4.exe, ....) in Tasmanager that were not completed.
Can I, and certainly many other Windows hoping for a reasonably
lauffägige version of Digikam on Windows?

Best regards

Wolfgang