[Digikam-users] database troubles

Volker Henn vh59 at gmx.de
Wed Jan 30 20:20:53 GMT 2013

Dear Jean-François,
thank you for these explanations.
In fact, after a shooting with 500...1000 pictures I delete the CF card only
after having at least one backup of the hard disk.
Most troubles occured in the past when upgrading the Linux system and
automatically with that DK.
Now I use DK 2.6 since I failed to compile a newer version.
DK 2.6 cannot read its own sidecar files and does not reset exif-orientation
after rotating as some examples.
I try to distinguish between bugs (like above) and missing features or special
private wishes. And if I had the chance to select between less bugs and more
features, I would select less bugs.

Nevertheless I will try to write the metadata into the jpg-files next weekend.

Best regards
Volker