[Digikam-users] digikam "collaboration" tips

Christoph Siedentop christoph at siedentop.name
Sat Jan 26 22:11:40 GMT 2013

Hi Marco, hi Everyone,

I have had this issue on my wishlist for a long time as well and here
is a program I wrote about having Digikam accessible to your local
network.

The program is a web server (using Django) that works directly from
the Digikam database. At the moment there exist only views for Albums
and Images.

Please checkout the code from here (how to install also there: )
https://github.com/unapiedra/DigikamWeb#about

If any one is interested to help, send me an email, or just send a
pull request via github. I am also grateful for feedback of any kind.

Best regards,

Christoph

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> in the next weeks I will write an article on this topic
>
> the admittedly confusing but temporary title means that the article
> would be about shared access and maintenance of one digikam collection
> by more people, for example in a family home LAN.
>
> I.e. One user sets up and manages the digiKam configuration, but all
> the authorized users can
>
> see each other's albums, unless they have been explicitly set as
> private, and
>
> use digikam to geotag, annotate, tag, do face recognition on "public"
> albums collaboratively
>
> I am already working on these thing by myself, but thanks in advance
> for sharing any question, best practice, personal experiences with
> similar setups, things you'd like to be covered and anything else on
> this topic.
>
> Ciao,
> Marco F.

Christoph Siedentop