[Digikam-users] "Lens Auto-Correction".

clive510@googlemail.com clive510 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:32:36 GMT 2013

Thanks everyone but it's the first time I've used a Ubuntu "LTS".
When I get the time I'll put the latest Ubuntu 12.10 onto another lap-top
and see what happens.

I'll get back to you if and when I get the EF-S back in the drop down menu
in the Lens Auto-Correction.

In the mean time keep up the good work, still a good bit of software.

Clive

On 18 January 2013 18:42, Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:13:36 +0000
> clive510 at googlemail.com wrote:
>
> > If the said len's I have are being used for my Canon 400D why would
> > they disappear because I'm using Canon EOS 60D.
> > Looks like EF type are OK, it's the EF-S type I want and there's none
> > showing.
>
> Hmm, looks like it could be due to the metadata not correctly
> identifying the lens or maybe digiKam not correctly parsing the data
> and hence misidentifying the lens itself.
>
> I can only suggest some controlled experiments with different lenses
> and see what happens.
>
> It may be that for some reason the camera/lens combination is not seen
> as compatible by lensfun or digiKam, I know that the Canon data in DPP
> won't work for certain combinations.
>
> --
>
> Brian Morrison

*Clive*