[Digikam-users] "Lens Auto-Correction".

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jan 18 18:42:12 GMT 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:13:36 +0000
clive510 at googlemail.com wrote:

> If the said len's I have are being used for my Canon 400D why would
> they disappear because I'm using Canon EOS 60D.
> Looks like EF type are OK, it's the EF-S type I want and there's none
> showing.

Hmm, looks like it could be due to the metadata not correctly
identifying the lens or maybe digiKam not correctly parsing the data
and hence misidentifying the lens itself.

I can only suggest some controlled experiments with different lenses
and see what happens.

It may be that for some reason the camera/lens combination is not seen
as compatible by lensfun or digiKam, I know that the Canon data in DPP
won't work for certain combinations.

--

Brian Morrison