[Digikam-users] export to Piwigo stopped working

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:55:18 GMT 2013

As a free host, Free has limitations that can prevent some procedures to
work properly; it is the case for Piwigo, but also for many other web
programs that requires settings unavailable by Free.
In the problem comes the from host, this has nothing to with Digikam and
its Piwigo-Export plugin.

In fact, I have trouble to understand why some webmasters are so keen on
free hosts; hosting and the associated services have a cost, and it doesn't
seem very expensive to pay about 30 euros a year to get a multi-domain
hosting service, with the first domain name included, and plenty of
services, beginning with backup/restores, availability, support, plenty of
storage space, mails redirection, new versions for PHP and MySQL, etc.

Marie-Noëlle

2013/1/14 Samuel Ronayette <sronayette at gmail.com>

> **
>
> Bonsoir,
>

> thank you for your answer.... no, your workaround didn't work for me... I
> had a similar problem of connection once, that I solve by changing the
> password with only alphanumeric chatacters... but this time I don't know
> what it is. I suggest some setting, or rule on the server side, because on
> an other server (not Free), the export to Piwigo seems to work fine...
>

> Samuel
>

> Le lundi 14 janvier 2013 17:51:21 Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
>
> > I had the same problem a couple of times in the past (and I used to
> manage
>
> > several Piwigo galleries at the same time...)
>
> > I seem to remember that deactivating the plugin, exit Digikam, relaunch
> it,
>
> > the reactivate the plugin and setting the parameters had done the trick;
> or
>
> > some procedure alike.
>

> > Hope this helps.
>

> > Marie-Noëlle
>

> > 2013/1/14 Samuel Ronayette <sronayette at gmail.com>
>

> > > Hello,
>

> > > I've used the export tool to Piwigo without any problem in the past,
> but
>
> > > now
>
> > > (since a few months I would say) it has stopped working. I just get a
>
> > > message
>
> > > saying that I don't have the right login or password (and believe me, I
>
> > > checked many times that I have the right ones!)
>
> > > My Piwigo gallery is hosted by Free. I don't know is this is a problem
>
> > > from
>
> > > digikam or from the Free server...
>
> > > Any idea on how to solve the problem?
>

> > > Thank you
>

> > > Samuel

> --
>
> http://samronayette.free.fr/photos

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Connaissez-vous Image Fixe <http://image-fixe.org>, le photo-club de Saint
Jean du Gard ?
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,