[Digikam-users] Sony A55V "ARW" raw photos are dark in the editor

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Jan 3 08:49:21 GMT 2013

Hi Matt,

Onsdag den 2. januar 2013 17:29:39 skrev Mateo1041:
> Hi all,
>
> I love your software, but am having trouble with what I assume to be color
> profiles.  I've read the following page, but am still pretty confused as a
> new user:
>
> http://www.digikam.org/node/273
>
> What is a service and how can I begin editing photos that look like the
> previews?  Do I need to follow steps 1 - 10 every time or is there a better
> way to at least start with something that isn't so dark?
>
> I've found some color profiles online, but they do not have an ICC format.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!  :-)

I do not know what 'service' means here, so I am curious to hear about that
too :)

What I do is this: In the configuration dialog under RAW  decoding settings,
Behavior, I enable "always open the RAW import tool to adjust settings", and
experiment a bit until I have something that works well. Then when they are
sufficient that I rarely need to change them, I apply those to the standard
settings tab, and disable the "always open..." again.

My raw output are not exactly like the previews, since I can get better
results by applying a bit of color correction using the editors tools, but
usually I feel that my raw converted images looks better than the previews.

--
Anders