[Digikam-users] DLNA export question

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 12:42:22 GMT 2013

Thanks! Somewhat off-topic:

On 21-2-2013 11:44, Dmitri Popov wrote:
> Cons (of hupnp):
>
> - Doesnt work on sony devices. An entire month was spent on this, still couldnt figure it out :-/.
The minidlna-configuration might give a hint. It actually is a
configuration item of which I wondered what the meaning was:

# set this to strictly adhere to DLNA standards.
# * This will allow server-side downscaling of very large JPEG images,
#   which may hurt JPEG serving performance on (at least) Sony DLNA products.
strict_dlna=no

I have not been able to find out what the difference is between strict
and relaxed in this regard.

Best regards,

Boudewijn