[Digikam-users] People Tags - a practical question

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 21:56:03 GMT 2013

Hi,

I'm new on the list, while following it for a while and using DK for years.
Thanks all involved!

On Wednesday 20 February 2013 09:58:40 Mick Sulley wrote:
> Thankfully I don't have any pictures of Elizabeth Taylor:)
>
> I do have a desire to somehow link all this in to my genealogy database,
> which I keep on my local sever with geneweb.  No idea how to do it yet,
> needs further thought!

I have been looking into exposing the metadata via FUSE; that is: tried to
find out what has been done before.
I don't have my notes at hand. From my bare, momentarily hazy memory: someone
made it possible via a mono-binding, but the project is not active anymore and
someone in the chain cleaned up his university page, leaving no trace of code.

My goal was to use it in combination with minidlna, so that I could (finally)
browse my images by tag on the television. I imagine your genealogy database
could do something with file/directory-structures as well.

There I remember it again: digikamfs, preceeded by digikamtags:/
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2006-September/002027.html

Best regards,

Boudewijn