[Digikam-users] How to Sync Albums Across Machines?

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Wed Feb 20 23:04:03 GMT 2013

Hi,

When I sync my album between laptop and desktop I get a message when I
open it on the destination machine saying that the collection is
available but the identifier has changed.

I have looked in the database on each machine and it seems that the
problem is that the AlbumRoots table is slightly different, the
identifier field is different -
desktop = "volumeid:?uuid=bf835257-ad63-4580-9692-9d2600740cd1"
laptop = "volumeid:?uuid=2a6a238c-c404-46b6-886f-873683917b9c"

It does seem to be OK if I just accept the message and continue, but is
there any way to stop it happening?  Is it likely to cause any problems?

Thanks
Mick